Skip to navigation Skip to main content
All Findings

#59 Mobile Marketing Traffic Beyond Facebook & Google

The duopoly of Facebook and Google represents about 70% of the media spent by mobile game marketers. What about the other 30% of traffic sources? Today’s guest breaks down 6 pillars of ad networks beyond the big two: rewarded videos, offer walls, programmatic DSPs, preload traffic, native content advertising, and direct traffic.

Meet Misha Syrotiuk, the Head of Ad Networks and Programmatic on the user acquisition side for Huuuge Games, a world-famous social casino developer. Misha lives in Warsaw, Poland where Huuuge Games is headquartered.

Listen and Subscribe

Listen on Spotify

Listen on Apple Podcasts

Listen on Google Podcasts

Questions Misha Syrotiuk Answered in this Episode:

  • What’s the mobile tech community like in Warsaw, Poland?
  • What makes Huuuge Games such a successful developer of social casino game titles?
  • Are your strategies for acquiring new users similar across titles?
  • How do you go about breaking down what marketing channels are worthy of investing?
  • Are incentivized media traffic and offer walls valuable to you, and are there any tricks to leveraging them effectively?
  • Which of these 6 pillars would you lean on first if Google and Facebook went away tomorrow?

Timestamp

  • 4:10 The growth of Huuuge Games
  • 5:05 Staying competitive with social casino games
  • 6:29 The Huuuge Games titles you should know
  • 7:45 Strategies for acquiring users across titles and genres
  • 12:33 The 6 pillars of ad networks, beginning with rewarded video
  • 14:21 Leveraging offer walls
  • 19:17 The true cost of advertising with DSPs
  • 21:34 Pre-load traffic on Androids
  • 26:22 Native content advertising
  • 29:38 Direct traffic advertising
  • 32:52 Prioritizing the pillars beyond Facebook and Google

Quotes

(5:05-5:15) “Casino space is very competitive and it’s very hard to get into for different reasons. One of the reasons is the very high cost of user acquisition and a very long payback period.”

« I would go mostly with programmatic DSPs, just because the volume there is massive and they can have any reach. »

Misha Syrotiuk

Mentioned in this episode